Pizza Party - Wooden Play Food
Young pizza chefs will shout "Mamma mia!" when they see the 54 toppings that come with this wooden pizza set! Then they'll get busy topping, cutting and serving up six custom slices for their happy customers. The set comes with a brightly colored tray, pizza cutter, spatula and a wooden box for storage, and the pizza makes "slicing" noises when cut!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- With kids, count the number of pizza slices. Repeat until the child is able to count them independently.
- Have kids sort the toppings into groups by type. Have them identify each type of food and count how many there are in each group. Count how many toppings there are all together.
- Play a matching game by filling a slice of pizza with three toppings and asking kids to match your slice.
- Put all six slices of pizza on the pizza pan to introduce the word "whole." Demonstrate "half" by slicing through the middle of the pizza. Put the pizza together again, then demonstrate "thirds" by slicing the pizza into three equal sections.
- Ask kids to make you a slice of pizza to order. Specify which toppings you'd like, and ask the child to cut one or more pieces for you to "eat."
|Scholastic Parent & Child: Toys Children Love Summer 2004|
Dimensions: 1.8" x 9" x 13.3" Packaged